Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Title of Luxury


If you have ever watched a James Bond movie then you’ve probably seen some kind of Aston Martin. The Aston Martins has a fine legacy of being a top designed and speedy roadster. These cars need little introduction in the car world and not just because of Bond. Too bad in the boring normal world the Aston Martin isn’t built with missiles that can come out of the headlights.
The Aston Martin is British manufactured in Gaydon, London. The car company was founded in 1913 and since then has kept it head above waters to build a legacy of luxury. It has change owners upon numerous occasions and has been in at least 10 movies from what I have found out. They have three award winning cars; the DB9, DB9 Volante, and the prestigious V8 Vantage.
Enough about Bond and all the little facts though, what you need to know is what Aston Martin has in store for the world. What I am talking about is the V12 Vantage RS Concept car. The 6.0 liter V12 engine is expected to have around 600hp propelling the car to 100 mph in under 8.5 seconds. The newly designed car has a 0-60 speed of less than 4.0 seconds making it the fastest produced Aston Martin EVER!!!
I watched James bond last night and honestly it made me want one so bad. The best part about Aston Martin vehicles is that you seriously cannot go wrong. There is no runt of the liter! From 1913 to 2008 to beyond, you can’t go wrong. So for now I can dream, but maybe someday I will be able to add an Aston martin to my Car collection.

2 comments:

Bruce Everiss said...

Nice article, they are fantastic cars.
One little thing. Gaydon is not in London. It is a village in Warwickshire, England, not far from Stratford on Avon, where Shakespeare came from.

Durty_Burd said...

I hope we'll all be be rich enough one day to afford one of these amazing cars. I've always been a huge fan of the Aston Martin, and the information about the V12 Vantage Concept Car is ridiculous. I especially like the V12 Vantage for its body design, reminds me of the Maserati GranTurismo Coupe which is one of my personal favorites. Very cool article.