Wednesday, November 5, 2008

JUST TINT IT


Christmas is just around the corner and I don’t know about you but I just can’t decide what to get. There are plenty of things I could ask “Santa” for Christmas but there are also plenty of things I need. However, since it is Christmas I think I’d rather choose a want rather than a need. I’d really like to tint the windows of my car and I figured if I don’t want to spend my money I’m sure my parents, I mean Santa, can help me out.
The reason I want tint for my car is for looks. That’s why anyone in their right mind gets tinted windows, but it does actually serve a purpose. Some tint can reduce the heat in your car on a hot summer day by 78%. It also protects the interior of your care because it can block out nearly 99% of harmful UV rays that fade your dash and other interior plastics and reduces the glare. That’s helpful for me because normally when I need my sunglasses the most they’re nowhere to be found. And not to mention if you would happen to get into a wreck bad enough to where your windows shatter, the tint actually acts as a net and keeps a lot of the class together reducing your risk of further injuries you may suffer. But let’s face it, while all those are good reasons I just want it for the appearance.
Honestly, I don’t want to dark but I still want it dark. 30% is actually the legal limit in the state of Indiana but I would be willing to bet around 75% of tint is illegal. I’m shooting for about a 20-25% tint all the way around. Just enough to make it look good but not get me in trouble either. Not to mention “Santa” isn’t going to buy me 10-15% if she knows the legal limit is 30. Just in case you were wondering 25% looks like the picture above.

3 comments:

AJ said...

I would definitely get your windows tinted. I don't know how much it costs because I bought my car with the windows tinted already but I wouldn't want to pay for it either. I would make my parents pay for it as a gift. Depending on your car, the tint looks pretty stylish. I have a dark purple (almost black) Grand Prix and with dark, dark tint, it looks pretty awesome. I don't think it would look very good without any tint. The next thing I wanna do to complete my ride would be get some black rims on it. I already have the sound system and the majority of the look down, but like you said, the tint just brings everything together.

Jethro said...

Tinting your windows is definately a cheaper and more classy upgrade than say, an exhaust tip. I own a black car and I would love to have my windows tinted just to make it even darker and meaner looking. If i didn't need a new laptop that wasn't 4 years old like the one I have, the tinted upgrade would be the way for me to go. So beg your parents and hope they don't care about you changing how your car looks.

mavsoccer08 said...

i also think tinted windows make a lot of cars look better, except for the old beat up cars that have tinted windows. it looks like they are trying to do anything to make thier car look better. but driving with tinted windows can be a little dangerous to others. i was at a 4 way stop and a guy was waving me forward except i couldnt tell since he had tinted windows. That has been the only bad thing that i have encountered about tinted windows. but overall, i wish i could have tinted windows on my car!