Thursday, September 25, 2008

New age for your windsheild!!!


This summer I was driving home from work in a bad storm. Rain was clashing against my windshield blinding my vision. All I had to do was turn on my handy dandy windshield wipers and POOF, I could see again. The only problem though was the fact that I had to reach down to turn them on. It’s possible in that split second that I could have veered into oncoming traffic and that would have not been so good. But engineers have an answer for our safety.

There’s a new gadgets for cars looming out in the automotive world many of us take for granted. For starters, before we had powered windshield wipers we had manual wipers that you had to crank and before that there were squeegees that drivers had to use. I’m here to open your eyes to an even newer device. This device is called the “Rain Tracker”.

The Rain Tracker is a unique devise that senses when rain, snow, or road debris hit your windshield and automatically turns on your wipers for you. It eliminates the manual, the dangerous, part of looking down to switch on your wipers. It allows you to keep your hands on the wheel protecting you and me from simple dangers of the road.

By far my favorite part of this tool is the fact that it can sense how much rain and adjust the speed of the wipers. Using beams of inferred light it determines how much water is on your wind shield and either turns your wipers up or down in speed.

I know what you’re thinking; a device like this has to be well out of your price range. Really, it is NOT. It’s just a mere 150 bucks. I think I might actually get it. Just about anytime I take my eyes of the wheel I slightly veer to the left or right but with just 150 I might save my life. That’s amazing, and I’m excited to see how long it takes for all new cars to incorporate the Rain Tracker into their new models.

No comments: