Wednesday, October 1, 2008

New Concepts Spark Great Ideas




Has anyone heard of Toyotas new car? I’m not talking about their trucks or their new hybrids but I’m talking about the new wheel chair! Yes you heard me right, Toyota has taking it to the next level with this.


It’s an upgrade that makes the Segway look like a child’s toy. The new ireal concept “car” is a masterpiece. It’s much like the couch on wheels that ever man dreams of. The ireal concept is driven and controlled with simple joysticks. And can go from a reclined position to an upright for its high speeds. Its high speed is 18.6 mph and while that doesn’t seem like much, that completely trumps the Segway’s measly 12.5 mph. It’s designed of light weight carbon fiber and reinforced with strong plastic. Unfortunately, it is a concept car so who knows when or if we’ll see this baby on the streets.


The Segway can rest easy for now because after all it still is a concept car. This is actually Toyotas second model; their first was called the I-Unit. That design was so crazy cool, but there was no way they could have made money off of those models. They were much to advance for this time but the ireal brings it down to earth a little bit. I guess there crazy ridicules design led to an improved elegant design. Don’t be surprised though if you see some of the on the streets in the next 10 years.

1 comment:

mavsoccer08 said...

That wheel chair is crazy. Soon the people that need to use these wheel chairs won't be at a disadvantage, but they will have an advantage over "regular" people. I won't have to walk slower since I am following a wheel chair, but soon the wheel chair will be flying right past me and they will be the ones waiting for us to go faster. Over 18 mph seems kind of dangerous though, to me at least. I think that they could hurt themselves further if they can go that fast. Like if they wreck, it could be a disaster. But I still think that the high-tech wheel chair is a pretty cool thing they are making.